User unsubscription

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
tempuser
FormaLms User

User unsubscription

Post by tempuser »

I think there is something not working as expected in this area. When a user unsubscribed from a course, a notification is sent by email (according to events configuration), but the admin interface doesn't show anything about it. From where can I find unsubscribe requests to approve it?
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Re: User unsubscription

Post by max »

If you allow direct unsubscription, there is nothing to approve.
Approvals in general can be found under the course list, there is a column for "waiting" users
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

If you have unsubscribe requests for a course, you should see a link in the /appCore/index.php?r=alms/course/show page
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

I have Auto - unsubscribe for this course set to 'on approval', also the course shows as waiting approval in the user interface.

The column waiting users show pending subscriptions, not unsubscriptions.

What if a user subscribed to a course then unsubscribed before approval of their first subscription? It still shows waiting approval in their side.
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

So, is this a bug?
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

Please, provide screenshots to show evidence of the issue.
Thank you.
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

Nothing to show, just it doesn't show any information about unsubscribe requests. I tried it in both scenarios, in case the user unsubscribes just after requesting subscription (and before approval of subscription), and in case the user unsubscribes after enrollment and starting to take the course. In both cases, I receive notification be email, but don't see any way to find these unsubscribe requests to approve. They keep in waiting approval state for the user side.

Can't you reproduce this?
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

Hello,

Anybody was able to reproduce this issue?

What is the url of the page that should display list of unsubscribe requests?
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

/appCore/index.php?r=alms/subscription/unsubscriberequests
tempuser
FormaLms User

Post by tempuser »

Ok, this link is actually working and listing unsubscribe requests. Both of my test scenarios work perfectly, except of the following issues:

- No notification email is sent to admin or to user when a user subscribes to a course, although this is set as 'mandatory' in Event Manager.
- I opened the URL you provided directly, but otherwise there is no link from within the system in the Course page that provides this link or any other hint that unsubscribe requests are received. Where is this link shown in the system?

I see this code in the show.php file:

if($permissions['subscribe']) {
$_table_params['rel_actions'] .= ' <a class="ico-wt-sprite subs_users" href="index.php?r='.$base_link_subscription.'/multiplesubscription"><span>'.Lang::t('_MULTIPLE_SUBSCRIPTION', 'course').'</span></a>'
.((int)$unsubscribe_requests > 0
? '<a class="ico-wt-sprite subs_users" href="index.php?r='.$base_link_subscription.'/unsubscriberequests">'
.'<span>'.Lang::t('_UNSUBSCRIBE_REQUESTS', 'course').' ('.(int)$unsubscribe_requests.')</span></a>'
: '');
}

But the variable $unsubscribe_requests is not defined in the file. Is this a bug?