Forma LMS 4.0.4

alberto
FormaLms Guru

Forma LMS 4.0.4

Post by alberto »

Hi everybody, a new maintenance release is available for the 4.x series. Features many minor fixes and improves template accessibility.

See the changelog and download HERE

Forma LMS 3: always upgrade first to latest 3.3.x release
giovanni.fantoni
FormaLms User

Installazione Forma LMS 4.0.4

Post by giovanni.fantoni »

I have downloaded FORMA 4.0.4
I tried to use it as a new installation, but the installation screen does not appear, but the following image appears.

Gianni
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Re: Forma LMS 4.0.4

Post by alberto »

Sorry in the new package were left two files by mistake:
config.php
forma.lock

Just remove these two files, or download the package again
giovanni.fantoni
FormaLms User

Thank!
giovanni.fantoni
FormaLms User

Upgrade Forma 4.0.0 to Forma LMS 4.0.4

I did a fresh install of FORMA 4.00 and then Upgrade to 4.0.4
I would like to point out the following things:

- during the upgrade in addition to what is indicated in the readme file you need to make a copy of the config.php file
- loaded all the file you have to load the old config.php
- if you have made changes to the CSS when customizing the template, the template does not work;
I also noticed that:
- fill out the Help Desk form: after submission, the dark background page does not close automatically
- On the Users page, the advanced search does not open the box for entering text.

I hope it will be useful
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Re: Upgrade Forma 4.0.0 to Forma LMS 4.0.4

Post by alberto »

giovanni.fantoni wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:57 pm - during the upgrade in addition to what is indicated in the readme file you need to make a copy of the config.php file
- loaded all the file you have to load the old config.php

Hi Giovanni, thanks but this is already indicated both in the readme and in the online documentation: https://docs.formalms.org/reference-gui ... ade-2.html

giovanni.fantoni wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:57 pm - if you have made changes to the CSS when customizing the template, the template does not work;

Yes, since a few versions we introduced template versioning: when the template in the new release has significant changes, after the upgrade the platform will fallback custom templates to the standard one.

giovanni.fantoni wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:57 pm I also noticed that:
- fill out the Help Desk form: after submission, the dark background page does not close automatically
- On the Users page, the advanced search does not open the box for entering text.

Thanks, we'll take a look!
giovanni.fantoni
FormaLms User

Hi Alberto,
Thank!!

Gianni
nihil

Re: Upgrade Forma 4.0.0 to Forma LMS 4.0.4

Post by nihil »

giovanni.fantoni wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:57 pm
I also noticed that:

I hope it will be useful

Hi Giovanni, thank you very much for bringing these two bugs to our attention. We appreciate your contribution to our community and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We have taken note of your reports and confirm that we are diligently working to address both issues in the upcoming releases of Forma. We understand the importance of a reliable and stable application, and your collaboration is crucial in helping us continuously improve.

While we work on those fixes, if you have any additional information that you think might be useful to us or if you find any other issues, please feel free to share them.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
giovanni.fantoni
FormaLms User

Sent a report

Hi I'm using FORM 4.0.4,
I tried to create a report and arrange for the report to be sent to me on a set day and time, but I don't receive anything.
What is the procedure?

Thank

Gianni
giovanni.fantoni
FormaLms User

Blank page NEW USER REPORT

Hi I'm using FORM 4.0.4 (in 4.0 it works).

If I try to create a NEW REPORT by selecting USERS from the drop-down menu, I can continue setting up the report with the other options in the drop-down menu.

Thank