Doesn't accept "/" character on title

Third party plugins, patches, bugfixes
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Doesn't accept "/" character on title

Post by alfa24 »

Your commit e5fb31e4e1110a70631fd4709371608955e5befc will allow the slash in title in learning_homerepo learning_organization and learning_repo tables as well, but unfortunately learning_homerepo and learning_repo tables use the same field (path) to store the object hierarchy AND the object title, so if you store an object in the private and public repos with slashes in title, you'll break objects hierarchy.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
eduardomozart

Post by eduardomozart »

Hello @alfa24,
Thank you for your feedback. I've changed the commit so it updates the _organization repo only with slashes and keep "_homerepo" and "_repo" as it is. I'm not sure if it's the best approach, but I believe it will not cause any issues because it seems they are identified by the idResource column, but I see two approaches for this if it isn't enough:
1. Update _homerepo and _repo structures to be similar to _organization one. I believe this would be the best approach in the long run, but it would require migration scripts that may not work for everyone, or working side by side with the old way.
2. Instead of simply sanitize we inform the user that he's trying to use an unauthorized character and do not let the user to create the activity.
nihil

Post by nihil »

Hi eduardomozart,

Thank you for reporting this bug to us. We have investigated the issue and have fixed it in our version. The fix will be included in the upcoming releases.

We apologize for any inconvenience this bug may have caused. Your feedback is valuable in helping us improve Forma.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you again for your understanding and support.