Change configuration of search box

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
justlooking
Version: forma.lms 1.2

Change configuration of search box

Post by justlooking »

I recently downloaded Forma v1.2.1, and I noticed something I would like to change. Well, actually, two things. First, what file do I need to modify to allow me to search on a different field from the User record rather than the Username? Most of the people I want to find have Usernames that are not similar to their name, so it makes it hard to search for them this way. This box comes up when I go to the User Profile hyperlink under Quick Links on the Administration page.

Speaking of that box that comes up, what file contains the settings for the size of that box? As you'll notice on the .png attachment, the box changes to have scroll bars when you begin to type a Username. I would expect the suggested results to just expand without causing scroll bars on the box, but that is not the case. Where can I fix this?

Hope my questions make sense. Thanks!

William
Attachments
User Search.png
User Search.png (25.05 KiB) Viewed 2106 times
alberto
FormaLms Guru

Re: Change configuration of search box

Post by alberto »

Hi Wiliam, try using the search box in the general user management page (main > users > user management), it will search over all the visible fields. Also, there is an "advanced search" options that will let you search in multiple specific field with different conditions.
Attachments
Screenshot - 07_07_2014 , 09_35_03.jpg
Screenshot - 07_07_2014 , 09_35_03.jpg (94.12 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Post by max »

Hi William,

that search box is only a shortcut to searching users. But if you just go to main>users>users management
you'll be able to search for any field you like.
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net
justlooking
Version: forma.lms 1.2

Post by justlooking »

Alberto and Max,

Thank you guys so much for the fast response. I knew I was missing something, I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I'll try out that other search that you pointed me too.

William