Course catalog "Enter" button gone after "subscribe" clicked

Anything about what happens on the user and teacher side
docebogal
FormaLms User

Course catalog "Enter" button gone after "subscribe" clicked

Post by docebogal »

The Course Catalog function is working differently than in 3.6...

Previously, in the course catalog, you clicked on "Subscribe" and then you clicked "Enter" to start the course.
Now, on the Course Catalog screen, I can see "subscribed" next to course (after I click "subscribe"), but I cannot click on the course name to enter the course. Instead, the user has to figure out there's no way to start the course from here, and look in the my courses tab to start the course.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to hide the courses catagory index that displays at the top of the course catalog, and display only the courses in the course catalog.

Is there a way to make these work as before? or a reason this new course catalog system is different/better?
thanks.
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Re: Course catalog "Enter" button gone after "subscribe" cli

Post by max »

Yes, you're right. The bad news is that Docebo probably forgot to include the "Enter" botton, when they upgraded from 3.6 to 4. So you have to go to the elearning tab, which makes for an annoying and bad user experience.
The good news is that it is quite easy to recover that function from D3 and take it over to D4, which we already did for our installations.
We'll see if we can publish our patch here.

Concerning the other issue, currently there is no way to hide the "all categories" label. But it's reasonable that you should be able to get rid of that, we'll work on it.
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net
docebogal
FormaLms User

Re: Course catalog "Enter" button gone after "subscribe" cli

Post by docebogal »

That would be great. Thanks for your help!