Single sign-on

Install and configure FormaLMS and DoceboCE
mlapl1
FormaLms User
Version: forma.lms 1.4.2

Single sign-on

Post by mlapl1 »

Dear All,

Has anyone already created a single sign-on between forma and something else, e.g. wordpress? I know that it may be possible to commission someone to make woocommerce (or something like that) do that but I am wondering if it has happened already without an e-commerce intermediary.

Thank you
Andrew
Andrew Lian
mlapl1
FormaLms User

Re: Single sign-on

Post by mlapl1 »

Does the docebo plugin work with the new WP and the new Forma? If so, how do I get the necessary information for the docebo plugin, key, secret key, SSO?
Andrew Lian
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Post by max »

Hi Andrew,

forma already supports single sign on with third-party applications. We already implemented SSO with several applications. The API guide already explains how to set up everything.
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net
mlapl1
FormaLms User

Post by mlapl1 »

Hi Max

Thank you. Yes, after I sent this message I did look at the API documentation and found some information. I am not quite sure how well I understand it yet but I will need to decipher it methodically.

On a related note, are there demonstration forma sites available so that one could see the various ways in which forma has been implemented? I am talking about general appearance rather than lms content. Thanks again.
Andrew Lian
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Post by max »

Hi Andrew, do you refer to graphic templates or to blocks and tabs that have been activated or deactivated?
Speaking about graphics, the templates has been completely changed from Forma 1 to Forma 2. But basically what you can do is changing the logo, the cover image and the colors of the header, the footer, the text color, background color and the color of the tabs or navigation bars. The 2 images have to be replaced, the rest has to be done with the .css.
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net
mlapl1
FormaLms User

Post by mlapl1 »

Hello Max. What I mean basically is that the forma I have installed (the standard download) consists of a login page with limited space under the login and a highly structured content. It is possible to add some pages in a simple menu structure underneath the login page, but in the forma that I have graphics do not appear as the path to them has a problem (as I reported earlier- thinking initially it was a TinyMCE problem). I would like to "wrap" forma in some other pages, perhaps a CMS which connects to forma just for the lesson component - not sure yet.

I am wondering whether forma provides this or whether I need to create the pages separately and then connect them to forma.
This is why I am wondering how other people have dealt with these issues and therefore wondering if you have feature sites to which you refer people so that we can get some ideas.

Thanks
Andrew Lian
canelli
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.0

Post by canelli »

Hi Andrew

you can achive your requirements in two way:
  • usage of "SSO with token" feature already embedded in forma. To use this feature you need manualy create users in the CMS and LMS, define a common secret key in forma, and code in the CMS a page to generate for a logged user a link to forma containging the token . the token itself has a time validity (usualy 1 hour)
  • You can use a Plugin , eg. a Wordpress plugin, connecting the CMS and forma. the plugin can syncronize users and generate the SSO link for you.
The docebo plugin no work with forma.lms . needs some modification and improvements. You can find also some old Joomla plugin to made the same.

We will release, in a short time, a Wordpress plugin with opensource licence . you will find it in the wordpress plugin directory
Cercate nel forum le riposte prima di chiedere. Check the forum before posting
---------------
Claudio Anelli
Joint Technologies - Sistemi avanzati per l'information technology

http://www.joint-tech.com
---------------
mlapl1
FormaLms User

Post by mlapl1 »

Thank you very much, Claudio. I get it. No hurry for the moment. In general, I am waiting for the arrival of Forma 2.0. Not much point in making any major commitment during the transition period.

cheers
Andrew Lian