I am new to Formalms
1. I start to install it on a existing website under Joomla
There is already a database in use for Joomla
during the formalms install I thought to have the possibility to configure a new prefix for the formalms database to avoid to erase the actual database
and I thought this database can be added to the actual ...
but it doesn't seem to be the case, so I stop the install
Sorry I don't speak english very well
how is it possible to manage to have the Joomla and the FormaLms data on a same database ?
do I have to buy another database to separate them ?
Thanks you very much for your replies
Hope someone can help me out.
welcome on board. Well, of course you need to have another database... Please see the readme file http://www.formalms.org/versions/readme-2.2.0.txt
3. INSTALL PROCEDURE
- Be sure you have your database parameters (host, user, password, dbname) available
- If you want use at runtime FTP upload features, be sure you have your ftp parameters (host, user,
- Before install, create the database on your dbserver. You can use any db admin tool as phpmyadmin
If you use a prepackaged webserver on your PC , the default db admin link is
http://localhost/mysql/ or http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
If the db user have permissions, the installer can create database for you
The database must be defined with UTF8 encoding
- Upload all the files in your root directory or subfolder
- forma.lms web is protected with apache .htaccess files from unauthorized use. Often dot-files
are hidden from view. Check your environment and be sure that also these files are uploaded
- Launch http://www.yoursite.com/install/
- Follow installation instructions
- To secure you installation, at the end of install, remove or rename the folders install and
I am surprised to have buy another database.
I am used to install several websites on the same database with Joomla,
anyway thank you for adding the install procedure