Ideal server configuration

Install and configure FormaLMS and DoceboCE
marius
FormaLms User
Version: forma.lms 1.4.2

Ideal server configuration

Post by marius »

Good day. I would like to request a brief description of an ideal ForamLMS server and database setup and configuration.

I host my current FormaLMS on a Google Cloud platform VM on Ubuntu 18.04 server, with Apache 2.4.29, and PHP 7.0.33, and LetsEncrypt SSL certificate

We use the Cloud SQL database (MySQL 5.7 InnoDB).

We are however experiencing the following problems:
1. Media File upload (especially Video) does not upload to teh server. The process continues to 100% upload and then gives a "The requested URL was not found on this server" error.

2. SCORM content: the system tracks allows for SCORM uploads, and display but it seems that the tracking and completion status is never updated. The status of the learning object only stays "Started".

Running FormaLMS on my local Ubuntu18.04 with a local mySQL5.7 db in testing environment does not give me the same issues, thus the request to get an ideal live hosted setup configuration and requirements - please include the various PHP modules and requirements as well...
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Ideal server configuration

Post by alfa24 »

You'd better concentrate solving those issues and maybe you'll find out what php/Apache/mysql or file system configuration is to be blamed For them.
I think that an ideal server does not exist. Minimal requirements do.
I made forma Lms running on Ubuntu, red hat, manjaro, opensuse, Windows, macos, with Apache, iis, nginx, php from 5.0 to 7.4. I wrote also layers for mssql and postgre DBs.
So no limits man...
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
marius
FormaLms User
Version: forma.lms 1.4.2

Post by marius »

Thx alfa24. I applied the SCORM fix that is listed under the Patches and it is working fine now. So that was a bug that I missed the patch for in the forum.

My only issue is uploading media files within the HTML Learning Objects. I've checked the php and Apache logs with no bug being logged there. I'll continue to go through the setup and comparison with our test server and will let you know if I find a difference.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

You're off topic.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui