Main system configurations are available under:
Admin > System configuration > Settings
From each tab panel you can access a different configuration section with different groups of options
Most of the options are self-explaining, we will describe the most important and critical.
This group of options includes the main basic configurations for your Forma LMS installation
- Page Title
- The name that appears in the user's browser;
- Default Template
- The default template assigned to the installation;
- Website URL
- The web address of your platform (must finish with a /)
- Default language
- The default language for the platform labels, if a user specific language isn't defined
- Sender email for alerts
- The e-mail address from which notifications are sent to users
- Visual HTML Editor
- The visual editor used for text formatting
- Site Owner
- Text to be shown as custom footer credits in your template
Set-ups for the general email settings for the platform
- Prefix for helpdesk
- Enter a text to prepend to the helpdesk email subject.
Main settings for user related configurations: from this section it is possible to edit:
Main settings for password related configurations
Settings for platform registration modes and features
- Free self registration
- Users can self-register directly to the platform, receiving just their credentials if notification event is enabled (Check Event Manager for notification settings)
- Free registration with double OPT-IN
- Users will receive an email with a confirmation link upon self-registration
- Moderated self registration
- User registration must be approved by an administrator
- Only administrators
- Only administrators can regstr new users. Registration link on login page is disabled
Select the option "Use advanced registration form" to:
- Split registration for custom fields: users will be asked first to fill the main registration fields, while all the custom fields will be prompted on a following page
- Enable self registration to Groups: upon registration users will be prompted with a list of groups and will be automatically added to the selected groups
Registration Code Usage
This feature extends the registration form asking the user to select or insert a code.
- automatically insert the user in a orgchart node
- automatically enroll the registering user to some course
- both of the above
- Limit the user to only one node
- Select to avoid users to be registered in multiple nodes
- Mandatory customfield
- mandatory customfields will be required also in administration user edit
This section includes some configuration options for frontend LMS and courses
- Home Page
- Select the page to be shown to users after login
- Send user to catalog if not enrolled
- Redirect user to catalog if MyCourses page is set as home page but is empty
- Hide Empty category
- In the catalog page empty categories are not listed in the side tree categories listing
- Show login catalog
- A button to the courses catalog will be shown on the login page
Settings for the ecommerce features. You just need to enter your PayPal account and - if you actually want to sell courses - unflag the "sandbox" option. The sandbox would be used to run tests without actually completing the transaction, obviously when you are ready to sell your courses you don't need a sandbox anymore.
Important: if you want to use the ecommerce functions, you also have to do 2 more things
- enable the course catalog
- flag the "sell course" option when you create or edit your course, and put a price on it.
Enable the "Labels" Feature
- The period of inactivity, after which a user is disconnected (session length)
- Domain template assignement
- Set the template to be assigned to specific domains. Add one domain per row, like: [www.yourdomain.com],[template]
Set the default folders for different types of asset.
Use this butto to empty the Twig Cache folder in case of visualization problems after plugin install or template changes.
Options to enable code and language debug features
Settings for google analytics integration
Settings to avoind blacklisting and antispam issues when sendings emails with the newsletter feature
Use these settings to configure automatic report sending conditions
Some security related options:
- ip control
- If this option is selected and user changes connection during the same login session, he will get an error
- Disable simultaneous access
- The same user cannot be logged from different devices at the same time
API & Authentication
You can also send SMS from Forma. We have an integration with the popular Skebby service. Just create an account with them (click on the button), purchase credit from them and fill the required fields with the account information you will receive from Skebby.
Then you'll be able to send Forma notifications with an SMS instead of an email. Every automatic event can be configured with email or sms from the event manager. For the manual communications you can decide what to use from time to time.
Of course, you need to have the mobile phone number of your users in an additional field and you need to set the correct field for the mobile number in this section.
If you want to send trusted and authenticated emails with one of your email accounts, remember to set these 2 parameters as "on" during the installation of Forma Lms
$cfg['use_smtp_database'] = 'on';
$cfg['use_smtp'] = 'on';
If you select that you will use the SMTP, a new tab will appear in your general settings and you'll be able to insert your account information in your User Interface (host, port, password, username, security...).