If you're a trainer or a company that wants to offer quality online training, you know that creating interesting and useful content is not enough. You also need to choose a Learning Management System (LMS) platform capable of supporting your goals and of adapting to your learners' needs.
But how do you choose the right LMS platform? What are the features to be considered? And what are the trends that are influencing the e-learning sector that you should keep in mind? To help you answer these questions, we analyzed data from Google Trends to find out which keywords have been mostly searched in relation to e-learning. This has allowed us to identify the most popular topics and, as a consequence, the needs of modern learners.
According to the results, the most popular topics are:
- Personalization of learning, ie the possibility of adapting contents and training courses to the preferences and needs of each learner.
- Gamification, i.e. the use of playful and challenging elements to make learning more engaging and motivating.
- Microlearning, i.e. the subdivision of content into short information units that are easy to use and memorize.
- Social learning, or collaborative learning based on the sharing of experiences, opinions, and feedback among course participants.
- Mobile learning, i.e. learning accessible from any mobile device, anytime, anywhere.
These trends reflect the needs of modern learners, who require learning to be flexible, personalized, interactive, and integrated into everyday life. In order to respond to these needs, LMS platforms need to offer innovative and cutting-edge solutions. According to DynDevice, the features that can make a difference in the future of e-learning are:
- Artificial intelligence, which will make it possible to create personalized training courses based on the data and behavior of learners, to provide feedback and support in real-time and monitor results and performance.
- Virtual and augmented reality will make it possible to create immersive and realistic experiences, to simulate practical situations and to encourage experiential learning.
- Cloud computing, which can ensure greater security, scalability, and accessibility of data and training content, as well as facilitate integration with other systems and applications.
- Video learning, which will exploit the communicative and didactic power of audiovisual language, stimulate learners' attention and emotion and transmit complex information simply and effectively.
In conclusion, we can say that the world of e-learning is constantly evolving and requires constant updating by trainers and companies. To keep up with industry trends and offer quality training to your users, it is essential to choose an LMS platform that is able to integrate the most advanced features and adapt them to different needs. In this regard, our Forma LMS e-learning platform can be the ideal solution for your business. Forma is an open-source LMS that stands out for its ability to offer a modern and user-friendly platform, to adapt to different customers and brands, and create customized and advanced reports to monitor training results. The added value of our platform is certainly the integration with various plugins to extend the functionality and also easily support the delivery, monitoring, and reporting of live events such as webinars. Finally, Forma LMS adapts to market demands, which require hyper-qualified and competent professionals in the digital and green fields. If you want to know more, contact us for a free demo.
(Valeria Ulloa Severino, Grifo Multimedia)