Customizing SCORM Player

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
shridar

Customizing SCORM Player

Post by shridar »

Dear Team,

I would like a SCORM object to be played in Forma LMS as a part of the course. Is there any way in which we can brand the player to display a Logo either as Header or Footer?

We would like to offer whitelabel options for our courses so that our resellers can upload a logo and have the SCORM player customized.

The SCORM object will be vanilla object without any branding.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Shridar
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Customizing SCORM Player

Post by alfa24 »

If I understand your request, this would require development. If you're interested and have budget, please contact me with a private message.
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
shridar

Post by shridar »

Dear Alfa,

Thank you for your reply.

I notice that under the templates folder there is a player_scorm where there is a Default.CSS.

As I am familiar with programming in PHP, CSS and HTML 5, I would be grateful, if you could share pointers to any tutorials.
scubatricky
FormaLms User

Post by scubatricky »

They are not inclined to share information such as this, even though the system is GPL, Forma are designed to make money from the system. Italians ;-)

You can pick apart the CSS and it's pretty straightforward to get what you need. I've pulled the template to pieces and rebuilt for a corporate style that matched our organisation. Once I start using the SCORM player I will do the same and share if you would like. Explore the CSS via Chrome and it'll start to make sense.
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

scubatricky wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:04 pm Italians ;-)
I suggest to be very, very careful with what you're writing, as I am Italian too, and proud to be. This said, I respect their job and their choices, even though I do not agree with their open source philosophy. But besides your "Italians" is inappropriate here, I think you should have to read alough GPL, as it doesn't deny to do business with an open source project, and if you are interested, you can open a thread and point out all the articles of GPL FormaTeam is supposed to be violating.
The rest is all talk.
scubatricky
FormaLms User

Post by scubatricky »

You see. No sense of humour.

Unfortunately when a group of people take something that is free for public use, and was created as such, then charge a membership fee to gain access to that, or organise in such a way as to close access to others who do not pay; it is known as a cartel. It even breaches the articles of association published by Forma.lms itself :-(
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

scubatricky wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:55 am You see. No sense of humour.

Unfortunately when a group of people take something that is free for public use, and was created as such, then charge a membership fee to gain access to that, or organise in such a way as to close access to others who do not pay; it is known as a cartel. It even breaches the articles of association published by Forma.lms itself :-(
I was right. You're confusing open source with freeware.
scubatricky
FormaLms User

Post by scubatricky »

alfa24 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:58 am

I was right. You're confusing open source with freeware.
On the contrary, the definitions of Open Source are quite clear. Where is the source code for the latest version of Forma?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Open_ ... Definition
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

alberto
FormaLms Guru

Post by alberto »

scubatricky wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:04 pm They are not inclined to share information such as this, even though the system is GPL, Forma are designed to make money from the system. Italians ;-)
Please be respectful of other people's work and choices, and stop flaming around in the forum.
This thread has gone off-topic and will be closed.