Contents filter by language

Backend functionalities: user management, course management, reports, certificates, etc.
magironi

Contents filter by language

Post by magironi »

Hello,
is it possible to filter contents like courses, course paths and catalogs by language?
For example is it possible to show only courses for a user filtering by its language setting? If in my profile I have english language I want to display only courses set in english. From adminhow can I filer courses or learning objects by language?
Thank you for your help.
Marco
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Re: Contents filter by language

Post by alfa24 »

It's an interesting development...
Per supporto GRATUITO contattatemi in privato qui
magironi

Post by magironi »

Do you mean at the moment is not possible to filter courser according to preferred language?
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

Yes I mean exactly that.
daveperso

Post by daveperso »

This would indeed be a nice feature. I am planning to have the same course given in different languages and it makes sense for this to be distributed in separate courses, one per language. Without this filter, the user is going to have to see the same course displayed in the catalogue for multiple languages rather than the one they are using on the platform.

There is a language field for the course which lists the languages that are configured for the platform. I wonder what this is for?

Thanks for any tips or info!
Attachments
language.png
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

It's only an information to the user.
It can't act as a filter.
max
FormaLms Guru
Version: forma.lms 2.4

Post by max »

We used a very simple workaround in some occasions. Of course we "forced" what the system is supposed to do, but it worked.
Quite simply, use the categories as the language filter. Create a category for each language, and the user will be able to select the courses they are interested in.

In that occasion we did the same with users, who were arranged in different folders according to the language (not the language they choose in the interface, we made them end up in folder named as their language of choice).

With these 2 workarounds, then it was easy setting up automatic enrolment policies and letting everybody be subscribed to the correct localized version of the courses.
---------------------
Massimiliano Ferrari
Elearnit - Elearning e Knowledge Management
https://www.elearnit.net
https://www.linkedin.com/in/massimilianoferrari
m.ferrari[at]elearnit.net
alfa24
Senior Boarder

Post by alfa24 »

That should work, but it would be a forced measure. What if one forgets to put the English course in the English category? And what if one would like to use categories in another - more native - way?
I think a laguage filter to be apply to multiple elements (each allowing multi-language, I think courses but also org chart nodes, custom fields, and so on) by default based on user language preference or by selecting the wanted filter option.